The Ultimate Guide to Web Software Development
What are the different types of software development?
1. Client-side software development – This is when the software is developed on the client side, which means that it is designed to be used by users who are interacting with the software on a personal computer.
2. Server-side software development – This is when the software is developed on the server side, which means that it is designed to be used by users who are interacting with it over a network.
3. Hybrid software development – This is when some aspects of the software are developed on the client side and other aspects are developed on the server side.
What are the different stages of software development?
1. Planning – developers figure out what needs to be done and how it will be done
2. Development – code is written and tested to make sure it works as expected
3. Maintenance – code is checked for stability and updated as needed
4. Termination – code is abandoned or replaced with a new version
The main types of software development are:
• Traditional programming: This approach is usually used for larger projects that need detailed instructions for constructing each individual piece of code.
• Rapid application development (RAD): RAD is a faster alternative to traditional programming. You can create applications using RAD without having to learn complex coding techniques, but you still need to understand how computers work and what programming languages are available.
• Agile software development: Agile methods consist of a combination of traditional and RAD programming techniques.